COVID19 has brought SO many changes! These groups have changed, cancelled, re-opened with an eye to keeping everyone well (in so many ways). Be sure to call and ask what changes and new protocols each has in place before heading out to any meeting.
Support Groups for New Moms
- The Women’s Initiative Mothering Circle of C’ville – Meets 4th Wednesdays from 7-9 p.m. at 1101 E. High Street, Suite A. Call 434-872-0047 for more info.
- Birth Matters Charlottesville Birth Circle – Meets 3rd Mondays at 7:15 p.m. at Bend Yoga, 420 E. Main Street.
- Becoming Great Moms – Meets Every Wednesday 9:30-11 a.m. at Immanuel Lutheran Church, 2416 Jefferson Park Avenue. Call 434-218-3738 for more info.
- Postpartum Support Virginia – Hope and help for new moms. Tons of online resources available including facts about postpartum anxiety and depression, screening information, as well as names of local councilors.
- La Leche League of C’ville Morning Breastfeeding Support Group – Meets 2nd Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at Westminster Church, 400 Rugby Road. Call 434-214-0620 for more info.
- Breastfeeding Support of C’ville Nursing Moms Support Group – Meets every Wednesday 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Northside Library, 705 Rio Road W. OR every Friday 12:30-1:30 p.m. at Bend Yoga, 420 E. Main Street. Call 434-373-0606 for more info.
- WIC (Women Infants and Children) – Pregnant and breastfeeding clients may be eligible for peer counselors, lactation consultants, breast pumps, and breastfeeding supplies. Contact Mary Hintz at 434-972-6247 for more info.
- National Breastfeeding Helpline – Call 800-994-9662. Available 9 am to 6 pm or leave a voicemail after hours. Consejeros estan disponibles en Espanoil. Abierto de 9 a.m.-6 p.m. o dejar un mensaje de voz despues de horas.
Both local hospitals also offer a range of classes and support to pregnant, nursing and postpartum moms. Lots are free and some are not. Check their websites to verify day/time of meetings and if registration is needed. In fact, I would recommend that you call or check on-line to confirm the day/time and location of all meetings…especially if it involves bundling one (or several) babies for the trek!